Serco Promises to Help
Written by: N Riley
Submitted: 21st June 2006
Serco Local Government started a ten year partnership contract on 1st May 2006 with Restormel Borough Council to deliver the Waste & Parks services. Chris Boissier, Waste & Parks Operations Manager for Serco, says: "Residents should notice a considerable improvement in services over the life of the contract with Restormel. Some will be quick to deliver through the procurement of new small plant and equipment, others will be longer term as we analyse what the residents really want from the service and adapting it accordingly."Contact for the service is through the main call centre on 01726 223311.
Serco promises new and improved public services.
Serco Local Government is responsible for the day to day management and development of the following services:
- Domestic waste collection
- Recycling collection
- Bulky goods collection
- Clinical waste collection
- Provision of and emptying of recycling bring banks
- Cleansing of many of the Borough's roads and public areas through local sweepers and mobile teams
- Provision and emptying of most litter bins
- Collection of bulky goods
- Cutting grass in many public areas
- Landscaping of parks and grounds in many public areas